Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All my Work, Gone...

I have made a grave error, all of my work is gone. My hopes and dreams have been shattered. Utnapishtim had instructed me to find a plant which resembled a boxthorn, and I would achieve immortality if I simply ate it. I searched frantically for this plant until I had finally found it, there was such great relief that I had finally found my secret to immortality. I was afraid to test it for myself, so I decided to bring it back to Uruk and have an old man eat a bit, and see if it truly did grant immortality. I set it down for such a brief moment, to take a bath in the nearby waters, when suddenly a snake came out of nowhere and snatched it from me,and left only a shedding of itself. I fell to my knees and wept, I had lost my one secret to immortality. I have decided that this is enough for me, no longer will I search for immortality. I returned to Urshanabi, and wailed to him that I have nothing to show my hard work.

But then I realized that I still do have one major achievement, which I will be remembered for generations to come, and that is my great city Uruk and the mighty walls surrounding it. Its sheer strength and size will be enough to carry on my legacy, and unfortunately it will have to do.

That is all I have left for you my friends, this will be my last post, for I now must return to my duties as the mighty king of Uruk! I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me, I can only say that I have partly enjoyed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment