Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Confrontation

Alas, today I have met the axe and meteorite in my dreams. He uninterrupted a wedding ceremony, not allowing me to have my way with the husband's future wife. I was at first infuriated, and I engaged combat with him for everyone to see. But I could not defeat him, I could not overcome his strength. But he could not overcome mine, so our battle ended in a stalemate. I decided to give him praise, Enlil must have raised him to be a powerful being. We embraced each other, and I decided to present him to my mother.



After the three of us talk for a while, but suddenly Enkidu told us a story about Humbaba, a protector of the Cedar Forest created by the great god Enlil. Humbaba is a killer of humans, created to instill fear into humanity. I decided to talk to the noble council about Humbaba, and the defiantly refused my desire to go vanquish him, saying that even the gods could not kill him.


No comments:

Post a Comment