Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The great Humbaba

The day has finally come, Enkidu and I have approached the thickness of the Cedar forest, and waiting for us is Humbaba himself, the terror of humans! He spoke lowly to us, his words very inaudible, but I stand strong, and my great Enkidu stood strong with us as well. The two of us can walk down this destructive path together, and stand strong in the end. Humbaba merely taunted us, calling us fools and idiots, and soon we were engaged in battle. I had him on his knees, and Humbaba began to weep for mercy, willing to give himself to me.

I was willing to listen to Humbaba's words, but Enkidu told me otherwise, saying that Humbaba will only cause destruction. Humbaba tried to appease to Humbaba, hoping and begging for mercy. But Enkidu only offered more words of destruction, and said to kill Humbaba.

Confused and unsure, I acted quickly and decided to slay Humbaba, keeping his head as my trophy and proof. But I am unsure of what is to come now. I feel uneasy, and I feel as if I have made a grave mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment