Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I have no words.

Enkidu has... passed on today. He had grown ill for many days, and today he had at last passed on. I wept by his side for so long, Enkidu was my greatest friend. I loved him like a lover, no one can truly grasp how much I cared for him. I will make sure the entire land weeps for him, all of Uruk will know my plight.

I cannot function as a king for my land any longer, I must leave my kingdom, and wander these great lands in order to find out who I really am, and what my great purpose is in this life. Enkidu's life has greatly perturbed me, and has made me realize my own mortality. I do not wish to suffer the same fate as him, I want to live forever! I have heard a tale of a man known as Utanapishtim, a man who has gained immortal life. I have decided to search for this man, and find out the secret of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment